Our user-friendly apps aim to make service planning, worship and liturgy easier than ever before.
|Common Worship Lectionary||Daily Prayer||Time to Pray||Sunday Worship||Reflections for Daily Prayer||Reflections on the Psalms|
- Why isn't my desktop Lectionary app updating?
- Will Church House Publishing apps work on my smartphone/tablet?
- What does my app subscription include?
- I've purchased an app subscription from this website. How do I install the app on my smartphone/tablet?
- How do I share my subscription on both Android and Apple devices?
- The app only shows last year's readings - how do I update it?
- I purchased my subscription from Apple/Google Play (an in-app purchase) but it's not working. Who do I contact?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- How do I copy and paste readings from the Lectionary app?
Why isn't my desktop Lectionary app updating?
The Lectionary desktop app for PC and Mac is no longer available. It has been replaced by the new Lectionary website.
The website is compatible with smartphones, tablets and computers with internet access.
Open the website:
Sign into the app using your Hymns Ancient & Modern account. You may need to refresh the page when signing in.
If you do experience problems using the website, please send a support request: open the main menu (top-left button), go to "About this app" and select the option to 'send a formatted support email'.
If you purchased your Lectionary app subscription from Apple or Google Play (an in-app purchase):
1. Create a Hymns Ancient & Modern account, if you do not have one already.
To set up a new account click on "Register" at the top of this web page.
If you already have an account but cannot remember the password reset your password here
2. Open the app on your smartphone/tablet and sign in using your Hymns Ancient & Modern account: go to the menu, tap on "Subscriptions" and choose to sign in to hymnsam.co.uk. This will link your subscription to your Hymns Ancient & Modern account.
3. Sign into the website using your Hymns Ancient & Modern account.
Back to top
Will Church House Publishing apps work on my smartphone/tablet?
All of our apps are compatible with Android (5.1.1+) and with Apple (iPhone and iPad using iOS 9.0 or later).
The Lectionary website is also compatible with laptops and desktop computers with internet access.Back to top
What does my app subscription include?
Subscriptions purchased from this website give access to the full version of the app for 12 months. For apps which feature Bible readings this includes access to the readings in the NRSV.
Basic subscriptions (with online-only access to content) are available as in-app purchases in the Lectionary and Sunday Worship apps.
All subscription types allow you to use the app on up to 5 devices (Apple, Android or both).
A full subscription to the Lectionary app also allows you to use the Lectionary website on a laptop or desktop computer.Back to top
I've purchased an app subscription from this website. How do I install the app on my smartphone/tablet?
1. Download the app from the App Store (Apple devices) or from Google Play (Android). To find the download link for your app click on its icon at the top of this page.
2. Open the app on your phone or tablet. Go to the main menu and tap on "Subscriptions".
3. Tap on "sign in to hymnsam.co.uk" and sign in with the email address and password you used when buying your subscription from this website. Reset your password here.Back to top
How do I share my subscription on both Android and Apple devices?
Signing in to one of our apps using a Hymns Ancient & Modern account allows you to share your subscription across multiple devices.
You may already have a Hymns Ancient & Modern account - if you have made a purchase from this website, for example. You can reset your password here. To set up a new account click on "Register" at the top of the page.
Starting with the phone or tablet you used to buy your subscription, follow these steps for each device you want to use:
1. Open the app and go to the main menu.
2. Go to "Subscriptions" and choose to sign in to hymnsam.co.uk.
3. Enter your Hymns Ancient & Modern account details (your email address and the password you use on this website).
Your subscription can be used on up to five devices - simply log in to each one using your Hymns Ancient & Modern account details.Back to top
The app only shows last year's readings - how do I update it?
To access the readings for the current church year you need to have the latest app update installed.
Please note: the latest updates require your device to use iOS 9.0 or later (iPhone/iPad) or Android 5.1.1+.
To update the app:
On an Android phone or tablet: open the Google Play store app and go to My apps & games in the menu
On an iPhone/iPad: open the App Store app and go to Updates
On a computer: try the new Lectionary websiteBack to top
I purchased my subscription from Apple/Google Play (an in-app purchase) but it's not working. Who do I contact?
There are a few simple solutions you can try before getting in touch:
- Check you have the most up-to-date version of the app in the App Store/Google Play
- Make sure you are logged in to the App Store/Google Play account that you used to purchase the subscription. Check the subscriptions linked to your account: for iPhone/iPad or for Android phones and tablets
- Try restarting your device
If this does not fix the problem please submit a support request from within the app:
1. In the main menu tap on "About this app"
2. Tap the first link: "please use this link for additional help and support"
3. Send the email with a description of the problem, this will help us troubleshoot the issue.Back to top
How do I cancel my subscription?
This depends on where you purchased your subscription.
If you purchased a subscription from this website: email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased a subscription from Apple (from within the app on your iPhone or iPad): follow these instructions from Apple
If you purchased a subscription from Google Play (from within the app on your Android smartphone or tablet): follow these instructions from GoogleBack to top
How do I copy and paste readings from the Lectionary app?
The Lectionary website allows you to copy and paste readings, collects, prayers and biographies into a word processor.
On any day, click on the two squares icon to add Bible references, collect and prayer to your clipboard. You can then paste the text into a program of your choice.
You can also use the website to generate a customized pew sheet for the Principal Service each Sunday. Click on the "View service sheet" button to see a preview, then click on "generate" to create a customized version. The full text will be added to your clipboard ready to be pasted into the word processor of your choice.
Please note: the copy text and service sheet functions are not yet available in the mobile Lectionary app (for Android, iPhone or iPad).Back to top