The Village Church Survival Guide
Ten Ways for Your Church and Community to Flourish
Available for pre-order. Publication date: 31/08/2021.
Enter your email address below and we will email you when the item comes into stock.
The rural church is the unsung success story of the Church of England, but is often mistakenly perceived as dying by its urban cousins.
Drawing inspiration from the Village Survival Guide published by the Prince's Countryside Trust, this inspiring and practical handbook draws on the wisdom of a wide variety of practitioners in ten key areas that enable village churches to flourish:
- Getting the welcome right;
- Making the most of marking life events;
- Celebrating the festivals of the church and agricultural year;
- Practical help with managing the building;
- Making churchyards a resource for the living as well as a resting place for the dead;
- Engaging with families and children;
- Drawing the community together;
- Celebrating local heritage;
- Tackling isolation and poverty;
- Using communications well.
The Village Church Survival Guide will encourage and increase confidence in all who work or worship in a village church.
All the contributors are active in supporting the growth of rural churches through their roles in the Church of England or through organizations such as the Arthur Rank Centre, the Churches Conservation Trust, Caring for God's Acre and the RSCM.