Beyond the Children's Corner
Creating a culture of welcome for all ages
Available for pre-order. Publication date: 30/09/2020.
Enter your email address below and we will email you when the item comes into stock.
Beyond the Children's Corner is a practical handbook to help churches become more welcoming to children and families in worship.
It encourages PCCs and ministry teams to reflect on the spiritual needs of children, the pastoral needs of families, and how to remove barriers and manage change effectively.
Based on multiple training sessions and extensive casework, informed by research by the Church of England's Life Events team and the Methodist Church, it explores:
* The changing needs of modern families;
* What tells you it's time for change;
* 'Quick wins' to make the worship space more welcoming and spiritually imaginative;
* Engaging children in spiritually nourishing worship;
* Children and contemplative worship - what to do about noise;
* Building and sustaining relationships with families and children.
Many books on All-Age Worship focus the service itself. Beyond the Children's Corner explores how children and adults can be truly integrated as the church community, covering parents' perspectives, the church building and the challenge of change as well as what happens in worship.
Other products in this Category
Mixing it Up with The Simpsons
Not Just Sunday
Children and Bereavement
Children in the Way
Mixing it Up with Football
Under Fives Alive and Kicking!
Mixing it Up with Harry Potter
Children and Divorce
Seasons and Saints for the Christian Year
Special Children, Special Needs