Moving on in Ministry
Discernment for Times of Transition and Change
This item is in stock and will be dispatched within 48 hours.
More than 50 units in stock.
While the structures of the Church of England provide practical resources for clergy as they make changes and transitions in their 'careers', very little has been done in the area of theological reflection around this subject.
Not all change is welcome and driving factors are very different from those in secular employment. This important volume explores key questions to consider at points of transition:
- What does it mean to listen to God at times of change?
- Does the concept of career fit with a sense of vocation?
- What happens when the church changes in ways we do not like?
- What does scripture and the tradition of the church offer at these times?
- What can we learn from the secular world about managing change?
- What insights does psychology offer?
- How can ministers stay the course and finish strong?
An essential personal resource and handbook for all involved in clergy training, placement and Continuing Ministerial Development.
Other products in this Category
Shaping the Future
Bridging the Gap
God in Fragments
Formation for Ministry within a Learning Church
Introduction to Christian Ministry
A Time to Heal
Life is For Giving
The Curate's Guide
The Testing of Vocation
A Time to Heal Handbook