You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Fri 24 Feb 2017 @ 15:00
RT @c_of_eBuy your copy of #LiveLent from @CHPublishingUK & join us as we share bible passages & challenges throughout Lent:… https://t.co/S3O85LbrFc
The Church Representation Rules are a vital tool for all those involved in parochial, diocesan and national Church governance.
The Rules were fully authorized in the Synodical Government Measure 1969 and they have been continually updated since then.
Full of essential information, this 2017 edition has been extensively and fully updated to reflect the most recent changes: the 2009 Statutory Instrument and the 2009 update to the Code of Recommended Practice to the Pastoral Measure 1983.
Also included are the rules governing the:
* formation and revision of the electoral roll;
* minimum qualifying age for election to the Parochial Church Council or the deanery synod and methods of voting at the Annual Parochial Church Meetings;
* chairmanship of the Parochial Church Council and the number and term of office of its lay members;
* membership of deanery synods and how the number of lay members to be elected to them is calculated;
* membership of, and elections to, the House of Laity of the General Synod.
New edition of an essential guide
Extremely efficient service
It would have been far better if there had been notification in the front or back of the book showing the revisions made in the new publication, instead of the reader having to troll through the whole Rule book.
Bought a copy of CRR using the e-book format, but it was a real hastle having to download the special reader, having to register etc etc. Would be much easier and user friendly if you just sent as PDF, as this is a universal format. Even better would be to keep the CoE website UPDATED with the CURRENT CRR!!!
On 01-Feb-2017 the supplier responded:Unfortunately we do not currently have the ability to sell PDFs, but we are looking to develop new formats in future. We will pass on your comments to the CofE website team.Best wishes,Josie
Getting back to basics in parish ministry - essential!
Useful/ necessary for every Church of England vicar.
The booklet contains all the information I need and more.