You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Sat 25 Mar 2017 @ 20:41
RT @c_of_e‘Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, as indeed you are doing’ - 1 Thessalonians 5.11. Today’s… https://t.co/0yQWYuJ6td
The Church Representation Rules are a vital tool for all those involved in parochial, diocesan and national Church governance.
The Rules were fully authorized in the Synodical Government Measure 1969 and they have been continually updated since then.
Full of essential information, this 2017 edition has been extensively and fully updated to reflect the most recent changes: the 2009 Statutory Instrument and the 2009 update to the Code of Recommended Practice to the Pastoral Measure 1983.
Also included are the rules governing the:
* formation and revision of the electoral roll;
* minimum qualifying age for election to the Parochial Church Council or the deanery synod and methods of voting at the Annual Parochial Church Meetings;
* chairmanship of the Parochial Church Council and the number and term of office of its lay members;
* membership of deanery synods and how the number of lay members to be elected to them is calculated;
* membership of, and elections to, the House of Laity of the General Synod.
Very useful publication..
This was precisely what the parish church needed as it updated its PCC Constitution and Committee Structures
I needed this updated version quickly
It tells me everything I need to know as a PCC Secretary. However, I also think it is significantly out of date - all the pronouns used to refer to incumbents, PCC members or whatever are male, and there is no reference to the digital age - no mention of emails, for example, to be used instead of postal communication. I think it needs a good update!
Good, clear reference document
It is an essential book for the PCC Secretary
We needed a new copy as ours was out of date. This was the publication we needed, we could not have chosen a different one.
I've got former copies of the Church Representation Rules but need this because some of the rules have changed, and i like to be prepared for our forthcoming APCM - this will help me greatly.
The books were as expected.
New edition of an essential guide