You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Wed 19 Dec 2018 @ 11:19
Did the dog eat your #FollowTheStar booklets? If you need last minute copies for any reason, our friends… https://t.co/ZLc42WaIXD
The Canons of the Church of England 7th edition provides a comprehensive and essential guide to all the legal aspects of running a church.
This edition includes the First Supplement to the Seventh Edition, incorporating the changes which made it legal for women to become bishops in the Church of England; and the Second Supplement, introducing a new Canon to enable the Church of England to deal more effectively with safeguarding issues.
The Canons also address:
* The approved forms of services and service books
* Orders of ministry
* Doctrines of the Church of England
* Government of the Church of England
* Legal requirements relating to baptism, marriage and funerals
* The role and responsibilities of Churchwardens and PCCs
* Church property maintainence
* Record keeping
* Other uses of church buildings e.g. for entertainment
* The admission of children to communion
* The Ecclesiastical courts
* Clergy housing
* The admission of licensing of lay workers
An essential reference companion and guide for all clergy, churchwardens, synod members and all involved in diocesan and national church governance.
Although I can access the canons on-line the hard copy folder has a well laid out format and will be much easier to access if I need to review more than one canon at a time.
Good to have up to date information