You are required to change your password before you can log in to the site, please enter your new password in the fields below:
Sun 17 Dec 2017 @ 13:14
The last weekly #Advent reflection from #GodWithUs Your Christmas Journey – the daily #Christmas reflections begin… https://t.co/2CBvmGPlH4
The Canons of the Church of England 7th edition provides a comprehensive and essential guide to all the legal aspects of running a church.
This edition includes the First Supplement to the Seventh Edition, incorporating the changes which made it legal for women to become bishops in the Church of England; and the Second Supplement, introducing a new Canon to enable the Church of England to deal more effectively with safeguarding issues.
The Canons also address:
* The approved forms of services and service books
* Orders of ministry
* Doctrines of the Church of England
* Government of the Church of England
* Legal requirements relating to baptism, marriage and funerals
* The role and responsibilities of Churchwardens and PCCs
* Church property maintainence
* Record keeping
* Other uses of church buildings e.g. for entertainment
* The admission of children to communion
* The Ecclesiastical courts
* Clergy housing
* The admission of licensing of lay workers
An essential reference companion and guide for all clergy, churchwardens, synod members and all involved in diocesan and national church governance.
It was what I expected, though why the second supplement wasn't already bound it I don't know.
As expected and advertised.