#LiveLent: Care for God’s Creation is the Church of England’s Lent Campaign for 2020.
It contains daily 40 reflections to help you protect and care for creation, one for each of the forty days in Lent, beginning on Ash Wednesday (26 February 2020) and ending on Easter Day (12 April 2020).
For each week, there is:
• A theme, based on the days of creation as described in Genesis 1,
• A prayer for use throughout the week, with words taken from well-known hymns,
• An introduction to the week’s theme for children and families, with a Bible verse and a simple prayer.
For each day (Monday to Saturday) there are illustrated daily reflections with:
• A very short passage from the Bible,
• A short reflection on the message of the passage,
• A practical action to help you live in harmony with God, neighbour and nature,
• Full audio of the daily reflection, including a sung version of the prayer for the week.
The app also includes a daily challenge to honour and treasure the earth, suitable for children and families. On some days there are practical changes your family can make to help the environment. On others there are challenges to find out more about creation, to explore the Bible, to reflect and to pray.
There are also ‘next steps’ for individuals and churches on how to incorporate care for creation into life beyond Lent.