The increased participation of children in celebrations of the Eucharist and the growing practice of admitting children to communion have been notable features of the life of the Church of England in recent years. These additional Eucharistic prayers for Common Worship are designed for use where significant numbers of children are present, particularly in school worship.
This booklet includes the full texts and responses in both prayers, and helpful guidance on celebrating the Eucharist with children, including:
• basic principles of bringing liturgy to life for children
• understanding the requirements of canon law
• creating the space for a Children’s Eucharist
• planning the service
• creating new liturgical texts for children's worship
• imaginative ways of using the new prayers
• becoming confident in celebrating with children.
Both prayers have been authorized for use from 1 September 2012.
Read the Press Release about the launch of the prayers from the Church of England