Daily Prayer is designed to nourish the daily praying tradition of the Church of England. The patterns in the volume embrace the three key elements of praise, intercession and engagement with Scripture.
The material may be used in small groups or individually. Daily Prayer is offered as a resource for all members of the Anglican Church. The volume includes:
- Prayer During the Day
- Forms of Penitence
- Morning and Evening Prayer
- Night Prayer (Compline)
- Prayers resource section
- Collects and Refrains
- Complete Psalter
- Lordís Prayer and Apostlesí Creed on endpapers for quick reference
In 2002, a preliminary edition of Daily Prayer was published. This has now been replaced by this definitive edition. The main changes between the preliminary edition and the definitive edition are as follows:
- new layout to indicate mandatory and optional material in Morning and Evening Prayer;
- more flexibility in the choice of texts;
- richer provision for the celebration of festivals;
- new examples of praise texts in Prayer During the Day;
- wider range of prayers of intercession;
- new psalm prayers and post-biblical canticles.
- 6 ribbons
- High quality production available in cased or bonded leather editions.